Friday, September 25, 2009

Frost Advisory

More than a few leaf peepers (mostly photographers and a few anxious tourists) have sent me private emails, worrying over the state of the "greenery" up north and the "slow moving color season".

I dunno. Everything seems to be on track as far as I'm concerned. But I guess I'll leave it up to the National Weather Service to cheer these people up with the forecast of a weekend cold snap. Cover up those tomatoes!

It's supposed to drop down to as low as 28 degrees tonight in some locations in Maine; around 32 degrees where I live. That should give the colors a little goosing. The northern counties of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont are all on the verge of a fall color explosion. This weekend might be the tipping point.

I'm looking at the northernmost maps of the Maine Gazetteer with a mental highlighting pen, mapping out my planned trip to Aroostook County. I'll probably head out on Monday.

No comments: